Förderverein IOT e.V.
The purpose of the Förderverein IOT is to support the work of the RWTH Institute of Surface Technology. This is realized by the procurement of financial means, with whose help supporting measures can be covered.
This includes the implementation of exercises, colloquia and seminars to promote the scientific education of students in the field of "Materials Science", the support of research and development work, but also the organization of lectures, demonstrations and seminars for employees of industrial companies and the members of the association.
Erich Lugscheider Award
The Erich-Lugscheider-Award is presented every three years at the LÖT and for the first time at the LÖT 2010 in Aachen. The prize honours outstanding personalities in brazing technology who have rendered outstanding services to the international networking of brazing technology and to the exchange of knowledge, as Professor Erich Lugscheider has exemplified.
On the occasion of the
- LÖT 2022, the Erich-Lugscheider-Award was handed to Dr. Hartmut Schmoor.
- LÖT 2019, the Erich-Lugscheider-Award was handed to Dr. Kotaro Matsu.
- LÖT 2016, the Erich-Lugscheider-Award was handed to Dipl.-Ing. Ingo Reinkensmeier.
- LÖT 2013, the Erich-Lugscheider-Award was handed to Dr. Warren Miglietti.
- LÖT 2010, the Erich-Lugscheider-Award was handed to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirt.Ing. Wolfgang Tillmann.